US Stove Company 2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ericfx1984

Sep 29, 2018
Independence MO
So I picked up a US Stove Company 2000 for dirt cheap, $125, came with a pad, 2 truck load of nice seasoned oak, tools and a wood rack!!!

Seems to be in great shape, BUT, it has one problem, the ceramic fiber board baffle is missing.... so i called up US stove and they said is was about $86 to my door... well I asked him for the measurements, he replied, 22.63" x 9.88" So i went ahead and made one out of 1/4" steel and plan to spimply place rockwool on the top... BUT... I am not sure how this thing should be placed... the video online seems to suggest that it goes all the way forward...

I was hoping someone could take a picture from above going into the flue collar?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 190
It should go all the way back to the back of the stove I would think. I would also buy the baffle. They don’t put steel in them for a reason.

I would think the weight of that steel baffle will cause the tubes to warp...not to mention warp itself...dealing with some pretty high temps in that area.
I would just order some ceramic insulation board online and make a new baffle proper like...can get it many places...fleabay and the like...many times can get a piece big enough to make 2 or more baffles for less than 1 from OEM

Nice deal. The baffle needs to go snug to the back. You don't want smoke heading up behind the baffle to the flue outlet. If the steel baffle plate is flat it may warp pretty quickly. You can get ceramic fiberboard affordably online via amazon, ebay, etc. Do your best to match the oem spec for the best results. If you decide to try it out with an insulation blanket then use ceramic fiber blanket instead of rockwool.

Last edited: