Used 359 Husky

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
Just took a Husky 359 off ebay. Supposed to run very well, and be in good condition. Going to cost me 300 with shipping. Anything unique abot the 359 I should be aware of? I plan to order a new 24" bar and chain as soon as I verify the saw is ok. The primary reason I needed this saw is to deal with larger trunks that I have been running into lately. Sorry, wrong forum.

Very solid saw, and you will notice a tremendous difference over the "wild thing". A 24 inch bar may be a bit on the long side for it though, but for just the occasional large tree with a sharp chain it should work for you.

If that new to you saw is running correctly then you are gonna be one happy boy. Your Wild Thing will feel like a bow saw compared to the 359 Husky. Congratulations on a real saw. Be Safe.
Cheers

Old Ebay troubles again......... The seller now decided they don't want to sell the saw. Seems it all-of-the-sudden doesn't run. The item described as "runs killer" is not starting. I am relatively sure that a higher offer came after I had my offer accepted. I hate to have wasted time looking into this saw, even had placed an order for a larger bar and chains which I cancelled. I am still holding ground that I want the saw, but just disappointed it did not go smoothly. Ebay blues. I really did not want to buy one off there, but the description and pics on the unit changed my mind, as did the sellers feedback. That will change once I enter my response.

Now that I have looked into the 359, I like what I see and hear. I was going to fall back on a 460 with the 24 inch bar if this ebay saw fell through. Now I think for the extra 40 dollars, I can have a new 359 with a 20 inch and get a 24 bar after the fact for when I have really big trees to deal with. The 460 vs the 359 seems to be homeowner vs pro saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.