Used Blazeking King

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewiz

Jun 30, 2011
Canada
Hello all,

A few weeks back a I posted about a used Blazeking Princess. It was sold and I missed out. Luckily another fellow is now selling a used Blazeking King for $1500.00. It was a bought in 2006 and used from Oct-Mar. He is sending me photos and I will post soon.

Would a stove that is over 6 years old be something to stay away from? Any thought would be appreciated.

Thanks

At six years old, figure on replacing the cat. They run $250-300.

Open the bypass and look down thru the flue collar. Check the bypass gasket retainers. They should be straight, and not warped. They aren't expensive, and take about twenty minutes to weld in new ones, according to BKVP :p. If the stove was ever glowing, it would be around the flue collar and behind it. It's almost impossible in normal operation, but can happen if the stove is burned wide open with the bypass open. Look for warpage and cracked welds, just like any other used stove.

If it is pristine, $1500 is max. Maybe $1k max, figuring on replacng the cat.

Reactions: PapaDave
Status
Not open for further replies.