1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Used Blazeking King

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Thewiz, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Thewiz

Thewiz Member

Loc:
    Canada
    Hello all,

A few weeks back a I posted about a used Blazeking Princess. It was sold and I missed out. Luckily another fellow is now selling a used Blazeking King for $1500.00. It was a bought in 2006 and used from Oct-Mar. He is sending me photos and I will post soon.

Would a stove that is over 6 years old be something to stay away from? Any thought would be appreciated.

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    At six years old, figure on replacing the cat. They run $250-300.

Open the bypass and look down thru the flue collar. Check the bypass gasket retainers. They should be straight, and not warped. They aren't expensive, and take about twenty minutes to weld in new ones, according to BKVP :p. If the stove was ever glowing, it would be around the flue collar and behind it. It's almost impossible in normal operation, but can happen if the stove is burned wide open with the bypass open. Look for warpage and cracked welds, just like any other used stove.

If it is pristine, $1500 is max. Maybe $1k max, figuring on replacng the cat.
    PapaDave likes this.