Used Eko 40/60 boiler?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jerkzack

Nov 22, 2021
Canada
I've been doing quite a lot of research lately and wondering what people's thoughts are on purchasing a used Eko 40 or 60 boiler?

This boiler seems to come quite highly regarded around here, but most of the info is around 10+ years old. I'm wondering how they're holding up?

Its a good sign to see parts are still somewhat available (nozzle, refractory deflector, possibly control panel).

20 years is probably pushing the service life of one of these, and being manufactured starting around 2008, most might be nearing end of service, no?

Still worth the look?
I've seen to check if mixing valve was used, check nozzle and refractory chamber condition. Anything else?

I've been doing quite a lot of research lately and wondering what people's thoughts are on purchasing a used Eko 40 or 60 boiler?
Hard or a pain to clean ,not that efficient when compared to whats on the market today!
If your in BC it will not pass a Wett inspection because its not EPA phase two compliant .

Reactions: brenndatomu
Hard or a pain to clean ,not that efficient when compared to whats on the market today!
If your in BC it will not pass a Wett inspection because its not EPA phase two compliant .
Absolutely agree there's better tech and more efficient products available, but unfortunately I don't have $15k+ to drop on a new system.
I'm in NB so I don't think I have to worry about phase two... Yet.

Are these type of boilers prone to leaking like OWB are?

Reactions: hobbyheater