Used Stove 1st Time Lastnite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeP

Aug 13, 2011
Upstate NY
I used the Englander 25PVCD for the 1st time wasn't sure about settings, My buddy said I'd get the feel for it. Well its about 30 degree's out, My stove settings over night was, feeder on #1, blower on# 6, Im heating 1000sqft (stove is in center) it was about 65 indoor themp waking. Any advice on settings ETC.. I know home layout Insulation ETC.. makes a difference. What advice could you give & What are you guys setting your stoves at, I'd like to wake with themp being about 69 least. This is all new to me so will I get the touch or on colder days will it be to cold? Thanks in Advance guy's

In order to bring the temp up quickly, you need to crank it up. You can try the idling once you have it up to temp. If the stove has the hi/low feature add a stat and the stove will do the cycling between hi/low as needed to keep you toasty! Love my stat, Just as much as my pellet stove!

hi joe

thanks for choosing my product. little background info if you please. what is the build date on the stove? also how much fuel did you burn in the time you had it running and how many hours are we talking about. this information will help me determine if the unit needs adjusting or if the lowest heat range simply wasnt enough for the task (thats the lowest range it will run on)

if ya would , please post this info and i'll advise on what to do from there

7/04 burned about 1/8th to 1/4 of full hopper started it at 5pm burt to 9am. The guy that had the stove ran 2 bags and never used its like new, but still had everything removed cleaned ran test on the board and called and they had me set it at 6-4-1. Thanks

Guy's I think it was the Pellets, Currans were what I was burning the other nite. Well last nite I used a bag out of the 2 Tons of Natures Own I bought, The fire burnt better the stove was much hotter (2-3 times hotter) on the same settings. I'am new to this but I seen such a big difference that I'd say it was the pellets. Have you seen such a big difference between pellets?

Joe, the settings you're using are very minimal for heat. Typically, the blower and heat settings should be about the same.....1-1 or 1-2, 5-5 or 5-6, etc, etc.

Tough to tell how good (or bad) a pellet is at heat settings of 1 or 2. Most pellet stoves have a tough time burning well at their lowest settings, regardless of make.

My suggestion would be to set the stove at 5-5, and run it off a thermostat. It will raise & lower the feed rate as needed to maintain the set temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.