Used Woodstock Identification help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

amandell

Jan 22, 2023
Hiram, Maine
Hello. I am finally replacing a Waterford Trinity that was melted when I got it and 20 cords in is just finished, I think. Besides needing rebuild it has a crack in the iron below the top cover plate. Anyway, interested in a Woodstock but can't afford new. Found one nearby us advertised as a Fireview but the vents in the door suggest maybe they are wrong. They think it is just 5 years old but I suspect maybe it is much older stove in really good shape. Won't have access to view the inside til nect week but though maybe these pics would be enough for folks here to answer:

383299490_23961129633532293_8007546794397999051_n.jpg387550755_6956536207737255_1395891379913333350_n.jpg383639841_6840658555982093_2493825393365009955_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Price is 1300. I was directed to Woodstock as I need a low clearance rear exit and I liked what I heard about the Fireview. But this is something else, yes?

I’m not familiar with Woodstocks, but that damper design is not something I’d expect on a 5 year old stove.

The back tag might have a manufacturing date on it.

I agree, its an older FV...call them tomorrow, they'll be able to tell you all about it...I hear those can be updated internally to be just like the new ones too...

Thanks for the reply, Matt.
Yeah, I think after some research it is not the fireview 205 they think it is but rather the 201 and prolly a bit older. Facebook marketplace is an odd world and people seem put out if you ask questions even for expensive items so I gave up and moved on for now. Did just find a almost pristine Waterford Trinity an hour away for a great price. Gonna check it out and maybe just stay with Irish iron. I do love the fresh air intake piped into the bottom and I do already have that hole in my hearth. The Trinity we have has been awesome even with all its overfired parts. The woodstock was a pretty stove though....

I agree, its an older FV...call them tomorrow, they'll be able to tell you all about it...I hear those can be updated internally to be just like the new ones too...
Hey Brenndatomu. I hadn't thought of asking the company. Good suggestion. I may have moved on cause the sellers seemed a bit put out that I had some doubts about the age. Also, I have no knowledge of the cat parts and was nervous I was gonna miss something and have too many surprise purchases with a budget already blown by storm damage. I found a new on the pallet f55 Jotul for 2500 if I was gonna go into debt land for the purchase. I need low clearance rear vent so alot of the economy bits like the Englander are out of the question. I may just stay with the Waterford Trinity as I just found a great deal.