Utica oil,Kerr wood boiler circulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Newman4j

Jan 22, 2022
Middletown,CT
Need help. I have a dual source heating system installed. A Utica oil boiler connected in parallel with a Kerr wood boiler (inside). When I burn wood, it’s supposed to heat the water so the oil boiler doesn’t come on all the time. It seems that no matter how hot I get the wood boiler, the oil boiler cycles on and off all the time. Anyone know this system? Need advice. High limit on oil boiler is set at 180 and low limit at 150. The wood should be supplying a temp greater than 150. What’s up? Any help greatly appreciated!

it is temp limited by the aquastat at 180 degrees.
That may be a maximum temp setting. But is that how hot it really is? Actual temp with a thermometer/temp gauge. If it is 180 your oil should not cut in at all. Also can you post a pic of the oil aquastat?