1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Vac for Pellet stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Robzheat, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robzheat

Robzheat New Member

To help reduce dust when using a regular shop vac when cleaning the pellet stove , would it help to add an extension hose to the exhaust and put it out a window close by?? I'm assuming most of the dust is coming out the exhaust????

What do you think

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeastern MA
    My guess is that you are correct in that a hose attached to the exhaust side will blow the fine dust that gets through the filter out the window. Something else you may consider that will help is to see if you can find the special fine-dust filter for you vacuum. I bought one for my shop vac several years ago at Home Depot. It's almost like a plastic filter material that you can actually hose off, dry and use it over and over again. It is absolutely perfect (and made for) sheetrock dust, and I'm only guessing that it would work much better than a standard paper filter. I think it cost me about $30.00 for this special filter.

Steve
  3. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    For most shop vac's you can buy sheet rock filters, lot cheaper than a stove vac.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.