Valcourt Lafayette fp10 forced air kit question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocono53

Sep 23, 2014
Northeast PA
Finally about to pull the trigger and by a Valcourt Lafayette. Anyone know if you can duct the forced air kit downward?
I'd like to duct it downward, put the fan and ducts in the crawl space under the room and have it heat another section of house 35 feet away.

I know you cannot point the gravity vents down but I wanted to check about the forced air kit.

Thanks

I don't have the docs in front of me, but that sounds feasible. However, with that long a run there is going to be some heat loss running through a cold crawlspace. It might be more effective to have the blower pulling air from that remote area and blowing it through the hot fireplace. That will create a nice convection loop. The warm air will replace the cooler remote air that is being sucked from the remote section of the house. Of course the ductwork should be very well insulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.