Valor gas fireplace issue, will not fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
replaced batteries, it beeps then stops and finito!

When I look at the dial it seems to move the opposite direction i.e. when I try to turn it on the dial moves to off position. The fireplace is 11 yrs old and other than batteries it worked perfect.
Thanks

upload_2018-11-1_20-46-7.png

Looks to me there is a communication problem between your receiver & transmitter - see under "CAUTION." It says to contact your dealer...I am not at all familiar with the Valor products. Hopefully, someone else in here knows more. We'll see...

View attachment 232271

Looks to me there is a communication problem between your receiver & transmitter - see under "CAUTION." It says to contact your dealer...I am not at all familiar with the Valor products. Hopefully, someone else in here knows more. We'll see...

Yes, me too.
I appreciate the help.

I got a service guy coming tomorrow. Will update