Valor Portrait President Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eweneek1

Dec 25, 2019
Eliquis
Installing a Valor stove flush mount inside a wood fireplace surround. Venting will be 8' vertical transitioning to 8' horizontal. The unit came with a framing plate, but also bought a closure plate for some reason. What is the difference between the two? Do I use one or the other, or both. Have instructions for the framing plate, but none for the closure plate. Using 5/8" cement board. Does the 530IN heater mount to the cement board or to the framing plate? Will be finishing with marble on top of the cement board.

Installing a Valor stove flush mount inside a wood fireplace surround. Venting will be 8' vertical transitioning to 8' horizontal. The unit came with a framing plate, but also bought a closure plate for some reason. What is the difference between the two? Do I use one or the other, or both. Have instructions for the framing plate, but none for the closure plate. Using 5/8" cement board. Does the 530IN heater mount to the cement board or to the framing plate? Will be finishing with marble on top of the cement board.
I looked through the installation manual and did not see a venting option as you described. The 530IN is an insert, designed to be installed in an existing(and functioning) masonry chimney. Is this what you have?

There is no masonry chimney. Page 22 of the installation manual shows my horizontal venting option. Page 4 of the cast front 536cxb shows the framing instructions for framing plate covered.

IMG_2547.jpg IMG_2548.jpg

There is no masonry chimney. Page 22 of the installation manual shows my horizontal venting option. Page 4 of the cast front 536cxb shows the framing instructions for framing plate covered.

View attachment 318627 View attachment 318628
Ah, that was not in the manual that i found for the 530IN. I am not familiar with that unit and don't know the answers to your questions.
Hopefully someone with knowledge will answer.

Looked again at the framing plate and closure plates and they are the same size, just different mounting for each. The framing plate is for having a material applied over it and the closure plate goes over an already applied finish.

This fireplace can be installed as a fireplace insert, or as a framed fireplace.

Reactions: Lennox65