varied boiler temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feelingasi

May 1, 2008
palermo ny
was talking with a coworker today , he was expressing his concern about his upcoming heating bills. he has a gas boiler currently and would like to lower his gas comsumption. I seem to remember seeing something on "this old house" about a controller that would vary your boilers "maintained " temp based on outside ambient air temp. seemed to make sense to me. if it was a warm winter day your boiler wouldn't need 180 d water. it may only need 130d water therefore using less gas. i want to help this guy out, but cant remember the name/manufacturer of the controller. ANYONE ?

thanks guys. printed a bunch of stuff, thanks for the links. this ought to be enough to get him tinkering. at least to start with, i get the feeling i'm about to get more involved than i intended!

Status
Not open for further replies.