Vaulted Ceiling Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mook1302

Nov 27, 2012
I have successfully been a member for 3 days and this is my 3 post... not to shabby lol. Anyways, now that i got the feel on how to run my insert effieciently. (Thanks to everyones advice on my previous posts.) I am onto the next problem.

My kitchen has a vaulted ceiling (starts at about 7 ft and goes up to about 15 ft. , which has three light fixtures but no ceiling fan. I am getting good flow of warm air into the kitchen but i thermomet on the kithcen table.

Would it be more effective to replace one of the hanging light fixtures with a celing fan and run it in revers to get that air moving?

I am going to do a test tonight to see what the temp difference is from the top to bottom.

Thoughts, suggestions???

I'm betting if you replaced a light with a ceiling fan like you said, that would make a big difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.