vc 0041

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Alewynn57

Sep 10, 2019
Centerview MO.
I was just givin a 0041 resolute acclaim. it was used sparingly. I see no refractory panel on either side or on the fire back. It was casted in 1995. can anyone tell me if if required them on the parts blow up diagram.

Reactions: Alewynn57
Not really. There is no need as long as the side shoulder panels are in good condition.

I haven't heard of many issues with them. The main problems usually were with the refractory breaking apart and the fireback cracking. Installing them shouldn't harm anything though they will be vulnerable to cracking from logs hitting them.

thanks for your input! I just finished the fabrication and they installed nice and tight. the combustion pack is like new so ill take it easy on high temps.