VC Defiant paint

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyman51

Hearth Supporter
Sep 6, 2008
Southern Vermont
Gotta spray paint my old Defiant II, but I vaguely remember the original was a satin paint, not flat?? I'm going to go over the whole thing, but I'd like it to be what it was when I bought it in 1983...
Please let me know if it's one or the other.
Thanks

I'd really like to be what I was in 1983 too. %-P Rick

They used to sell their own brand of paint - It was something like a satin black - maybe even tending a bit toward charcoal gray.

Stovebright sells both, and I think you will see that both look well on that stove.
http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5SA-8116

I can't find any dealers who sell the original, but one big provider of VC parts sells the Satin Black as replacement. I think you'll be happy with that. It changes color when the stove is used anyways........

fossil... I'm with you on that comment!
Rick... thans for that link. I had a can of VC paint (now long gone); I guess that's why I remember it wasn't really flat black. I have a 70's Morso with a black enamel finish that comes alive with a coating of "Pam"; wish the painted stoves did that, too.
Thanks again

Lyman51 said:
...Rick... thans for that link...

That was Craig, our Webmaster who gave you the useful link...all I offered was a meaningless inane comment. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.