1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

VC Defiant stove to chimney flex system

Post in 'Vermont Castings & CDW Dutchwest older Models' started by hillerji, Feb 16, 2011.

1. hillerji

hillerji New Member

Loc:
    Gales Ferry Ct.
    Hello,

A long time burner here but a new forum member.

I have a classic VC 1975 Defiant that after a number of years was relocated into a fireplace set up. It is not set up in the best manner and as I have gone through the forum and manuals online have seen this VC 'flex system adapter' which looks pretty nifty.

The question is does anyone know where this can be purchased? Honestly I haven't done a lot of stove part sourcing so I'm pretty unsavvy in this arena.

This forum has been a great source of info so far.

Thanks,

JH

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    hillerji, This is a relatively new forum and it may take a while for VC owners to find your post. I have an older Buck Stove, but do not know anything about the VC. I do know there are a lot of stove parts available out there, as I have been able find anything I need for mine. Hopefully some VC owners will chime in here soon. Here is one place I did find that looks like it might be able to help you. http://www.discountstove.com/partsvcwbfreestanding.htm.
  3. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
  4. Fsappo

Fsappo New Member

Loc:
    Central NY
    Could always visit a hearth shop. Any decent one can order you a flex connector kit that has an 8" oval that would fit the defiant and then covert into a larger oval that would go up the chimney about 5'.
  5. skinanbones

skinanbones Member

Loc:
    Ontario
    actually the easier solution now would be to order a cast collar in 6" round. Last time i priced it the were about $100. Then you can you whatever stainless conector for your liner right on the stove
  6. defiant3

defiant3 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    No. NH
    So the old Defiants never had bolt on flue collars, they're part o fthe top or rear casting . Sorry, that works for other of the V.C.'s, just not this one. I'm on my way to deliver a Vigilant that I changed over to 6" right now, actually.
  7. VCBurner

VCBurner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Templeton, MA
    As Franks said, you can visit your local dealer and they will give you all the necessary parts. My dealer quoted 230 for the 6" kit, you'd need the 8" kit. The flex length would be about 5'. If I were you I'd go for the entire liner. You can find these cheaper on line too.
    http://www.chimneylinerdepot.com/
    Whats the inside dimention of your flue?