VC Encore 2-in-1 grill top?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats for a VCC BBQ grill (yes, they make LPG BBQ grills)... not for your stove.In theory, your top can be a griddle that you can cook directly on, but it's messyand better served using a frypan. If you want the grilling capacity in a cast iron stove, check out the Harman Oakood, w/ optional cooking grill and a rotissere option.

summit said:
thats for a VCC BBQ grill (yes, they make LPG BBQ grills)... not for your stove.In theory, your top can be a griddle that you can cook directly on, but it's messyand better served using a frypan. If you want the grilling capacity in a cast iron stove, check out the Harman Oakood, w/ optional cooking grill and a rotissere option.

Ha!! That never occurred to me even though I've seen them.

I already have the 2in1 installed so it's a little late in the game to look at other models.

I just refuse to give in to the idea that I can't do more than cook crock pot type meals on this thing!!

-Emt1581

I don't think you absolutely need a grill feature like my stove. Since your stove is designed for open-door viewing, why not just wait 'til you have a nice low bed of coals and open up the doors? Open the bypass damper, set a few fire bricks in the firebox off to the sides, and put a grill on 'em. I don't see how it's different than cooking in an open fireplace (except for the space being a little cramped - you'll need a small enough grill).

Status
Not open for further replies.