1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

VC Resolute Andirons - what kind of bolts do they attach with?

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by vermontsegur, Aug 4, 2014.

1. vermontsegur

vermontsegur New Member

Loc:
    Southern Vermont
    I recently purchased a house and one of the things that came with it is a Vermont Castings Resolute stove. Just starting to get it cleaned up and understanding how to operate it, and I notice the previous owner left me some of the accessories, including two andirons. However, it doesn't look like I have the bolts for the andirons. I've managed to find a manual for the stove (on here, thanks to kind members) but it doesn't indicate what kind of bolts are used to attach them. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    No bolts...

From the manual for the 2491:

Removable Andirons For greater Front-loading convenience The andirons slip into pockets cast into the front of the bottom grate and can be removed when loading through the front door. (Most Acclaim owners, however, prefer the convenience of “smokeless” top loading.)
    IMPORTANT: The andirons must be in place during operation. They not only help keep the glass door panel clear for fireviewing, but they assure proper placement of the fuel load for efficient clean-burning operation.
  3. vermontsegur

vermontsegur New Member

Loc:
    Southern Vermont
    Thanks for the idea, however unfortunately my Resolute is an older model (not the Acclaim) and uses bolt-on Andirons.
  4. DAKSY

Loc:
    What model number is it? According to the exploded views I'm looking at, the Resolute didn't HAVE andirons until the Resolute Accclaim 0041 came out in 89...& that diagram shows no bolts/screws.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  5. vermontsegur

vermontsegur New Member

Loc:
    Southern Vermont
    I believe it is a Resolute II. The andirons have the number 3054 on them, if that helps.
  6. DAKSY

Loc:
  7. vermontsegur

vermontsegur New Member

Loc:
    Southern Vermont
    Thank you, that's very helpful.