VC Resolute Ser # 090101

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dupp

Feb 1, 2010
Miss.
I'm looking at purchasing an older Vermont Casting Resolute III stove with double doors. Stove has been re-painted and new cord has been placed in the doors as well.

Have a Buck Stove model 27000 installed in my fireplace and wanted to remove that and put the Resolute in it's place on the floor in front of the fireplace. My question, how big a job is it to install the Resolute/stove piping and close up an existing firplace. I know the Resolute will be more efficient then the Buck, but wanted to find out how involved the switchover would be.

Also the Resolute does not come with any internal firebox grates, can they be found to fit in this stove, or are they even needed?

Appreciate the info.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.