VC winterwarm refactory ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohio woodburner

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2009
NW Ohio
So here's the problem, my damper gasket fell off the other day. Long story my fault. I started to replace it this afternoon and you gotta tear half the damn insert apart to get it out. Well here's the problem, part of the refactory that holds the cat in broke off. I replaced the gasket and was able to put the cat back in with the refactory, minus a couple little pieces. The question is should i replace that refactory or will it be fine? Sorry i didnt take any pics because i knew i just woulda threw the camera by time i got it back together. Thanks Jim

Hope things are going better.

Is it a large or small winter warm? I have the small and I remember taking the damper cover out the top, after loosening some retainer clips.

It would be good to replace the refractory since that holds the converter and contains the fire going through and from it. You can do a google search for a winterwarm refractory and you can find a supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.