VDT Pump

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
HR. and anyone else that have installed taco OO VDT pumps on their systems. Are you happy with them? The reason I ask is I googled vdt pump and clicked on a link to another heating forum . There was about 25 posts about all their problems with the vdt pumps. Main problems were noisy and trouble with temp. control.

Huff

huffdawg said:
HR. and anyone else that have installed taco OO VDT pumps on their systems. Are you happy with them? The reason I ask is I googled vdt pump and clicked on a link to another heating forum . There was about 25 posts about all their problems with the vdt pumps. Main problems were noisy and trouble with temp. control.

Huff

Yes, I have an 0014 that I tried running in Delta T mode and it didn't work. I am going to try it as a setpoint circulator next week. A tech at Taco told me how to reconfigure to work that way. We'll see.

Huff,

Not sure if this helps, but I installed 2 Wilo-Stratus pumps in my system and they works GREAT!
They are easily adjustable for head, and many other features. They only catch is that their running 220V,
but the efficiency is awsome. I spent the extra money on these pumps because of the many hours/day usage they have.
Over time the electrical saving will pay for the difference. If you want to "hear" them run, you actually have to put your
ear next to the motor.

Here's a link for a brochure:Wilo-Stratos Pumps
Hope the link works, and hope it's o.k. to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.