Vedolux Cleaning Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hobbyheater

Minister of Fire
How do you clean the ash behind the tunnel under the center flame tube and how often ?

100_6771.JPG

100_6772.JPG
I use a long wand, but have to do it after every fire or else the ash packs hard and does not vacuum very good.
100_6774.JPG

Mine is built different. I cant see down the sides like that unless I take all the refractory out. And that's not going to happen. Opening my bottom door only exposes the chamber, with just enough room between the sides of it and the opening to stick a bent up piece of 1/4" rod inside that space. Which I've done a few times to try to fish ash out, but there doesnt seem to be much ash at all getting in there. On mine.

Reactions: hobbyheater