1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Veneer Fireplace Weight

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by NewFPOwner, Dec 3, 2012.

1. NewFPOwner

NewFPOwner New Member

Hi,

Just looking for some piece of mind regarding my newly installed Mendota FV41. We built it into a 18'x 26' foot room (situated above the garage) against an outside wall and encased it in stone veneer (6' x 2'x5') with a big bluestone mantel. This all sits on an 8' long hearth (32 inches deep and 6 inches high) framed in 2x6s and also veneered with bluestone on top.

Our home was built (pre-fab) in 2006 and I'm curious about the amount of weight that it can hold. It appears fine at this time but want to make sure that the live load will be okay for the long term. Can anyone provide some insight?

Thanks in advance!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mygasfireplacerepair

mygasfireplacerepair Member

Loc:
    Midwest
    It all depends on how your floor trusses are engineered. Most of the time, the trusses are engineered to carry the weight of a 6' tall fireplace wall. I'm thinking if you haven't had any issues by now that you should be okay.