Question: I am trying to find out if placing a TV over a vent free gas log set will be harmed by the heat. If there is a deflector and a mantle will too much heat still hurt the TV. Also Monnessen uses a catalytic converter which I understand is cleaner burning. Do you sacrifice any aesthetic for this? Answer: No, as long as the TV is directly over the cabinet mantel that holds the fireplace..and not in from of it. Most of the heat comes out the front of these fireplaces and then heads upwards.No, a catalytic converter does not harm the looks of the vent-free fireplace.