Vent gas fireplace through floor to basement exit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sharon k

Jan 27, 2020
Philadelphia
I want to install a gas fireplace on an inside wall. Can I vent through floor to crawl space then vent it outside. It’s about a 15 foot run to outside wall.
Any information is helpful. I was looking at ventless fireplaces from Lowe’s and Home Depot. My first choice is to buy one that is vented
Thanks

I want to install a gas fireplace on an inside wall. Can I vent through floor to crawl space then vent it outside. It’s about a 15 foot run to outside wall.
Any information is helpful. I was looking at ventless fireplaces from Lowe’s and Home Depot. My first choice is to buy one that is vented
Thanks
None that I know of can vent down.

there are some fire places that have a power vent, which makes your venting scenario almost Limitless. But only the upper end of the price range offer this. If you value your health, I would never go ventless.