Vent question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nmaho

Jan 15, 2014
Ma
Insert is in a room 14/20 ft long with a wall on 14 ft side open to the kitchen on one side and a 5 ft opening on the other side. Room gets plenty of heat I was wondering if I put a vent in the wall opposite the stove that it would travel through to hall way and up the stairs tom2nd floor? Also I assume it would warm up,the other side of the house also.

This question isn't about firewood so you'll probably do better with it over in the hearth room where I'm going to move it.

Have you tried running a small fan on low blowing the colder air from the far rooms back towards the warmer insert? Are you running the blower on the insert now?

Yes I have tried the fan and it does work and I also keep the fan on, I just did not know if it would be easier to move the he at with a vent in the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.