Venting Configuration

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvpikn

Sep 11, 2014
White Lake, Ontario
Hi.

I am about to install the stove in my new house. I decided on the Super 27.

The only place for the chimney is offset from where the stove will sit in the basement.

I am planning on running double wall venting from the stove, over to a cleanout tee at the bottom of the chimney.

My question is whether this will seriously affect the draft.

What would be the best way to route the double wall pipe over to the chimney?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Venting Configuration
    Scan0017.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Venting Configuration
    Scan0017.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 80
Oh, I forgot the chimney will be running through the interior of the house. Probably about twenty feet from stove to cap.

Why the cleanout tee instead of an offset with a pair of 45's? The baffle assembly comes out of the stove pretty easily for cleaning.

Just seemed like a good idea to me.

I am open to being corrected.

I would keep the piping as simple as possible. But if you like the idea of a cleanout tee it probably won't hurt unless there is negative pressure already in the basement. Be sure to use 3 screws at each pipe joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.