Vermont Casting 1945 heat shields

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scoitman

Mar 26, 2011
Mass
Hi, I have a vermont casting,catalytic stove and I am trying to track down a rear and bottom heat shied. Preferable used. I cannot seem to find any online anywhere. Thanks for the help.

That could be a challenge, VC parts 1901 and 1905. If no one has them, maybe you could find a model with them installed and make a template from them and have a sheet metal shop bend you up a set? Or, if this is for clearance reduction, would a proper NFPA 211 wall shield solve the problem?

Try contacting the Cozy Cabin in Warrensburg, NY. They are a VC parts distributor and the owner has been playin with VC stoves since he was about 15 (He used to work for me) He may know something.

http://cozycabin.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.