1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Vermont Castings conversion propane to natural gas

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by DeDeL, Sep 28, 2011.

1. DeDeL

DeDeL New Member

Loc:
    Western WA
    I can get a great deal on a Vermont Castings Radiance Model #2240; it's a beautiful stove and a tenth of the price of a new one. The stove was originally used with propane and I'd like to convert it to natural gas. Unfortunately, the manufacturer no longer carries the conversion kit. Does anyone know where I might find one? I found a thread on here from 2007 where two people with the exact same stove were able to trade because each one wanted what the other one had. I figure if that can happen then my problem should be fixable too! Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
  3. stripedbass

stripedbass Member

Loc:
    Boston
    I went through this problem last year when I bought a Vermont Castings Stardance stove. It was propane and needed a conversion kit to natural gas. My installer was able to locate a kit and do the conversion.

Also, as the Webmaster states, Woodmans (http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/) carries them.