Vermont Castings Dutchwest 2465 NG to LP conversion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rsplodge

Apr 28, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Would anyone own this stove that has the NG to LP conversion kit, or could anyone recommend where I may be able to buy one? Do these kits tend to be unique for each stove model or are they pretty generic? Thanks

How old is the stove? Newer VC models come WITH the LP conversion kit.
The burner orifice may not be the same for different models, but the pilot orifice will be the same.
You also have to change the regulator head & adjust the air shutter.
Not sure where you can get one up your way, but if you have the serial number,
ANY VC dealer should be able to get the conversion kit.

How old is the stove? Newer VC models come WITH the LP conversion kit.
The burner orifice may not be the same for different models, but the pilot orifice will be the same.
You also have to change the regulator head & adjust the air shutter.
Not sure where you can get one up your way, but if you have the serial number,
ANY VC dealer should be able to get the conversion kit.
Thanks for the info.
It’s pretty old, ~2005, I’m intending on buying it used but need to convert it. A US store (Cozy Cabin) says they can get the part(s) for US$400, which sounds steap to me. I’m also worried about it being the correct part. A Canadian supplier says the part is not available and the sales guy was surprised that I said I could get it from the US. The used stove is being sold quite inexpensively so it seems to still make economic sense to buy it and purchase the conversion kit but it seems a bit risky to me.
Roger