1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Vermont Castings Dutchwest Everburn Stove Demo Videos

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by tradergordo, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunner

Gunner New Member

Loc:
    Southern Ontario
    500 probe flue gas
    225 exterior stovepipe
    675 stovetop

I have double wall excel stovepipe

A big load that is allowed to get real hot then dampered all the way down seems to have a lower flue gas temp in relation to stovetop.
    A smaller load that you don't let rip but cruise at say 1/3 air seems to have flue gas that is closer to if not equal to stovetop.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Here are my numbers this morning after bringing the stove back to life.

700 probe flue gas
    300 exterior stove pipe (single wall)
    550 stove top (still climbing)

Too bad you dont have single wall pipe. Maybe there is someone else out there with a Summit and double wall that could compare temps? I'm still wondering if your probe or mine is off a little? I never had a probe with my prior noncat stoves, but my external pipe temps were always running higher compared to my cat stoves. No big deal anyways, sounds like your burning clean with no creosote problems.
  3. jeff6443

jeff6443 New Member

Loc:
    NJ South
    Hey man Bad ass vid I just put a medium vc dw in my 1485 sq foot house . Been collecting wind fall and all the free wood i can I have access to MANY MANY pallets . kindling . After seeing your vid . i cant Wait for winter I paid 4500.00 all in Thanks for takeing the time nice family too JM
  4. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    southcentral Ct
    Nice videos Trader.I bought a Harman Exeception Insert wood stove at the end of last year and it is also a Downdraft stove.I am verrry much a rookie with this stove and your videos are a help.
  5. trailblaze

trailblaze New Member

Loc:
    South West PA
    well after watching them videos, i don't think i'll be as bad off as i thought earlier today...

dry wood, good draft, and right temp seems to be the key things
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.