Vermont Castings Encore 2 in 1 ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My son acquired an Encore 1450 non cat with my encouragement because of my own experience with a Defiant I ordered in 1979 right from the factory before Vermont Castings had any dealers. He also was happy with his Vigilant so we never thought to do any HOMEWORK before purchasing it.
What a nightmare learning experience this has been ever since.
Upon cleaning it before installing it a sizable hole appeared in the FOUNTAIN ASSY right below the flue opening..In doing our homework AFTER THE FACT we discovered that this Fountain assy is actually the secondary burn chamber and it is made of a ceramic fibre board material that apparently gets brittle and disintegrates after a few years.
So in reading about this issue we found your post in this forum about converting the 1450 non cat to a 2 in 1 .
The question is...were you able to successfully convert a 1450 non cat ??
And what was the outcome or what issues were discovered in the process?
Any information you could give us would be appreciated..I realize your post is 2 years old
thanks....John

4 year old thread. Start a fresh one with the question in the title. I think you will get a better response.

Status
Not open for further replies.