Vermont castings radiance 2600 problems.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmanges

Feb 20, 2015
Angola ny
Hello all, looking for some imput on a older Vermont casting radiance natural gas stove2600. I purchased used about four years ago and everything has been fine until last few weeks. First problem is I started have delayed lighting from the thermostat.I can hear the stat send signal to stove sometimes takes five or ten minutes to light sometimes doesn't light at all.tapping on gas valve seems to solve this problem most time.i have checked to make sure stat wires are well connected. Problem two is a venting issue. I ran 4 inch bvent from stove straight up thr roofwith a 7 inch single wall wich I believe is just decorative.recently I have been getting strong fumes (eyes burn when close to stove) and co2 detecter has gone off one time. As well as stove has shut itself down a few times. I went on roof checked all pipe connections looked down bvent completely clear, can see straight to floor. I have shut stove down until resolved. Cold air just rushes down bvent,is this normal? What could be causing my venting probs? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thxs Bryan.

Last edited:
Sounds like you should schedule a service call from a competent local company..

#1, bad or sticky valve, loose wires, weak t-pile
#2, b-vent is notorious for letting drafts into or out of the home.
a spill switch should kill the stove if it dumps exhaust into the home. Double check with the installation manual to see if the b-vent is installed properly, tall enough etc

Status
Not open for further replies.