Vermont Castings reliance gas conversion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Doocat

Nov 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
i have an older reliance that I wood like to convert from ng to lp. The valve is no longer available but I find it hard to believe that there isn’t another company out there that makes a retrofit/replacement for the obsolete Honeywell Valve. Any input would be appreciated. It is a natural vent (b vent) stove.

Thanks, Craig

You may have to replace the ENTIRE valve with an LP Regulator Head, along with the pilot orifice & burner orifice.
Search thru recent posts on the Gas Forum. Somebody replaced the valve in a VC Gas Unit recently.

I just did a complete redo on my old stardance lp stove you will need a lowprofil robert shaw gas valve if the stove isnt set up lp you will need a new pilot orfice. let me know if i can help

Reactions: DAKSY
I just did a complete redo on my old stardance lp stove you will need a lowprofil robert shaw gas valve if the stove isnt set up lp you will need a new pilot orfice. let me know if i can help
by the way i tried running the pilot without the orfice wouldnt work way too much flame at the pilot.