Vermont castings sequoia catalytic question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhett

Oct 22, 2016
Saskatchewan
Hi.
So ive been reading as much as possible on my fireplace on this forum. Bunch of great reads. Seems to be a bit of a love hate relationship with members here with this fp, haha.
Im inquiring about the cat temp for this stove. (Until reading on this site, i had no idea it had to be up to temp before operating properly, manual says nothing about that) I see many people buy a guage for there stoves. Which isnt quite as simple of a option for the fireplaces. And i dont really want to hack anything up to install a digital. So my question is does anybody know what temp the optional fan kicks in at? ( i just installed my fan) would this be a accurate time when to shut the damper to activate the cat? And what are the effects if any if u close damper before temps on cat are where u want them at? Is there anything wrong with this? Does the fireplace produce more heat when the cat is activated in the appropriate range/ cooler if its not active yet?? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry fk 26 is the fan i have installed. And any instructions i find googling. Dont mention when the snapstat kicks the blower in

Status
Not open for further replies.