1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Vermont Castings Vigilant Stove Glass window that screw the glass assembly into the door

Post in 'Vermont Castings & CDW Dutchwest older Models' started by DobbyBlayBlay, Feb 19, 2014.

1. DobbyBlayBlay

DobbyBlayBlay New Member

Loc:
    Faifield County
    Hey, I was wondering if any of the stove gurus out there would know what size and thread (length, width and thread) the screw are that hold the glass door insert/assembly onto the door of a vermont castings vigilant. I am grateful for any information that anyone has.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I am going to move your thread into the Vermont Castings room on the website where it may be more visible to VC folks who might know a more intricate detail like this.

pen
  3. marco nunes

marco nunes New Member

Loc:
    mass
    I rebuilt my vig this year so pulling one out to measure was easy.so with my tap and die set I was able to screw mine into the 10-24 die mine is half inch in lenth, I would use stainless I got the ones that you can put an allen wrench on seem like the Philips type always strip out hope this helps good luck
    pen likes this.