Very disappointed in SIB WOODPELLETS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my initial order was supposed to be delivered a few weeks ago.
but steve got shorted by the supplier and there were people ahead of me in the cue.
i'm sure it's a pita for them to have to cover for suppliers shortfalls.
sib called me *well* in advance and arranged for a new delivery date.

as you can see in my sig, mission accomplished.
steve called me this morning to be sure i wasn't waiting around for him all day as he wasn't going to arrive till well after dark.

i am definitely going to be a repeat customer.

St_Earl said:
my initial order was supposed to be delivered a few weeks ago.
but steve got shorted by the supplier and there were people ahead of me in the cue.
i'm sure it's a pita for them to have to cover for suppliers shortfalls.
sib called me *well* in advance and arranged for a new delivery date.

as you can see in my sig, mission accomplished.
steve called me this morning to be sure i wasn't waiting around for him all day as he wasn't going to arrive till well after dark.

i am definitely going to be a repeat customer.

Wes...glad you made out..sounds like a good deal..maybe next year we could do a deal with SIB...that was a good price to your driveway...now get those pellets iunder cover...been through 22 bags so for...love the heat!!...

yeah. i mentioned you to steve
we should definitely co-ordinate an order.
make it better for everybody that way.
i want to try the mwp softies and will be on the lookout during the off season.

ugh. now comes the task of getting them socked away.
i have a carpet remnant that i'll put on the basement stairs for a slide.

coffee now and then pellets.

then nascar. lol

St_Earl said:
yeah. i mentioned you to steve
we should definitely co-ordinate an order.
make it better for everybody that way.
i want to try the mwp softies and will be on the lookout during the off season.

ugh. now comes the task of getting them socked away.
i have a carpet remnant that i'll put on the basement stairs for a slide.

coffee now and then pellets.

then nascar. lol

I tried the MWP softwood pellets...they were like the mixed...didn't really see any differance...you can buy them in Lincoln if you want to try a couple of bags...I've bought about 6 differents brands of pellets this year..and you really have to fine tune your stove for each type..(at least I have to)...sometimes I seemed to mess with it to much!!

tumbles said:
Just got off the phone with the owner steve. Nice guy and was very apologetic over the mix up. He is going to make things right with some okies at a fair price. The fact he called me directly and made things right speaks volumes about him and his company. Glad to see people with integrity and a good work ethic. Seems this was just a big mix-up and it should be fixed shortly. I m impressed with the quick response and the wilingness to make things right.
This is the Steve that I know! Customer for 2 years and will
buy from him again next Spring!

I just did a search of the forums and came across this thread. Personally, I have no issue with the OP starting this thread. I think it's good to be open with these types of things as it encourages businesses to stay honest and such. I'm also VERY appreciative that the OP updated the situation as many people won't due to laziness or pride and you never want to see someone's reputation tarnished due to a small mistake that was later worked out. One thing that I would also do (if possible) is either edit the first post or even better the title to include a disclaimer of some sort like [SITUATION RESOLVED AMICABLY]. If i was just glancing through hundreds of posts trying to figure out where to buy my pellets I may not make it past the first bunch of negative posts and find out that things turned out to actually reinforce the business's reputation.

^^ Excellent point. ^^

agreed. def would like to see the title reflect the outcome here.

i am definitely doing most if not all my buying from steve at sib next season.

St_Earl said:
agreed. def would like to see the title reflect the outcome here.

i am definitely doing most if not all my buying from steve at sib next season.

The OP never came back after we all piled on (I started it) taking him to task on the inflammatory (pun intended) nature of his rant.
He was happy in the end but unfortunately only he can edit the heading of the thread.

I don't think the OP needs to apologize (unless he wants to of course). I think everything the OP has posted here has been fine. He believed he had been cheated so he came here to tell his story, later Steve apologized and fixed the situation which reinforced the fact that Steve runs a very reputable business. The OP did a good job on updating all on the situation but fell short on the detail that the first post and title (the part that everyone will at least read when browsing through search results) still portrayed things negatively. Hopefully the OP comes back and makes the small change.

Status
Not open for further replies.