very hot vent pipe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
hi all.didn't think my newly installed stove was giving off a whole lot of heat so called tech support 2day.they changed me from D mode (factory set)to C .also changed me from 6-4-1 to 5-4-1.stove is definately better however once i started it back up it's a noticably higher flame and my glass has quiet a lot of ash within maybe 3 hours of changes.?????can anyone explain to me what the modes are about and how the new settings affect pellet burning.will i use more or less pellets what would asetting of 4-6-1 do as apposed to my current setting of 5-4-1.just curious as to what thos bottom 3 buttons are all about.

also ,after reading some of the threads on thermomoters i did some probing of my own.my vent pipe at the back othe stove is extremely hot to touch so using some aluminum tape ,i secured a probe from a digital thermometer to it and it gave me a reading of 195.????

Status
Not open for further replies.