Video - breaking out liner tile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Saw this on YouTube, figured some here would appreciate it.

Reactions: begreen
Saw this on YouTube, figured some here would appreciate it.

Yup its nice when they come out like that. Which most do

I need to get one of those. I have an 8x8 flue I need to break out the tiles and line.

I need to get one of those. I have an 8x8 flue I need to break out the tiles and line.
That's one tool I'd be renting, rather than buying. If you're not in the business, it seems like a once or twice in a lifetime need.

If you were closer I would gladly lend you a setup for a weekend. But Schenectady is a hike

thank you, yeah, it’d be a hike to get it!

I think I saw Rockford rents them, but it’s pretty close to the cost of one.

The project is at least a year off. It’s way down the list my wife keeps!

thank you, yeah, it’d be a hike to get it!

I think I saw Rockford rents them, but it’s pretty close to the cost of one.

The project is at least a year off. It’s way down the list my wife keeps!
The breaker doesn't cost much it's the rods that add up quick

Very cool. Makes sense to do it this way as long as someone has properly enclosed the hearth opening. That’ll make a bit of dust.