Video Streaming Web Sites

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MishMouse

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2008
Verndale, MN
Besides Hulu to you know of any good free Movie/TV streaming sites or even a good < 10 a month pay streaming site?

streaming
Justin.tv is ok, if you use firefox and add blocker, or google chrome with the "better jtv" addon
links to vids
fastpasstv.ms is ok but a lot of the older links are bad

Not really a video streaming website but maybe worth taking a look at:
http://www.onlinetvrecorder.com/
It is essentially a "remote DVR" service meaning they record the current TV program for you that you can download and watch it later. It is mostly german TV but they have also a good lineup from the UK and some US channels. With a free beginner account you can record 15 movies/shows per month, the premium account allows 120 and costs 60 "good-will-points" which equals 60 Euro-cent or about 80 $cent. You can also earn those points by clicking on their banner ads every day thereby using the service essentially free. Downloads cost extra except between 6 pm and 2 am EST or you can use one of the many mirrors they have. Those are often free but you need to endure some ads and waiting in the queue. I like this mirror http://www.datenkeller.at as it offers pretty much all stations and for only 1.50 Euros you can download instantly as much as you want for one month.

The advantage of this "remote DVR" service is that you can keep the movies by just transferring them to your mediaplayer or burning them on DVD. The standard quality is tolerable on TV; their HQ is actually pretty good. They offer several little apps to cut out commercials etc. but you will need to put a little bit of work in if you want to keep a movie for longer. I am happy to help if you have further questions.

I pay 7.99 a month for Netflix streaming with no limit. I can watch on my appletv, computer and iPad plus a bazillion other devices without commercials. They should pay me for that endorsement lol.

Pete

When Netflix places it's entire DVD library on streaming I will be interested. But probably not until then.

Yup that will never happen sadly ! I do like how many shows and movies I can get though but I have to say I wish they could get them all up. Too many corporate arguments and contracts involved for it to ever happen. Haha funny the add on the bottom of the page is Netflix right now !

Pete

They're watching you! :) :rolleyes: ;hm

Status
Not open for further replies.