Viessmann Controller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splitz

Sep 20, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Happy new year all!
My plans for an EKO 40 Gasser fell through due to...financing issues...the issue being I m low on finances!
As such I have picked up a 1982 Viessmann Mono-f boiler 13130-03 (144,400 btu) in good shape for next to nothing. Only problem is the controler is missing. From the factory it came with a Honeywell Braukmann FR125 s automatic damper control which had a chain attached to the damper door on the bottom to control the combustion air
Does anyone know where or even if I can get a replacement?
Secondly, if I can't find a controller I thought I might control the draft manually until the boiler is hot and then run it full out to heat the house and charge the storage until the fuel is spent.
Do you think the boiler will overheat or will 800 gallon storage absorb the extra heat?
Seemed like a good idea at the time but I can't find the controler anywhere.
Any help is appreciated.

Splitz said:
Happy new year all!
My plans for an EKO 40 Gasser fell through due to...financing issues...the issue being I m low on finances!
As such I have picked up a 1982 Viessmann Mono-f boiler 13130-03 (144,400 btu) in good shape for next to nothing. Only problem is the controler is missing. From the factory it came with a Honeywell Braukmann FR125 s automatic damper control which had a chain attached to the damper door on the bottom to control the combustion air
Does anyone know where or even if I can get a replacement?
Secondly, if I can't find a controller I thought I might control the draft manually until the boiler is hot and then run it full out to heat the house and charge the storage until the fuel is spent.
Do you think the boiler will overheat or will 800 gallon storage absorb the extra heat?
Seemed like a good idea at the time but I can't find the controler anywhere.
Any help is appreciated.
I know the Honeywell/Braukmann FR124 is available although somewhat hard to find. I don't know the difference between the 124 & 125. My Atmos has a 124 on it. Kotly has the 124, they are in Poland & will ship I'm told. Connecticut Green Heat in the states used to stock these, they appear to have ceased wood boiler sales, they may still have parts. Lastly, on Ebay there is a similar controller, not a HB, still should work though, search "wood boiler" & you should find it, Randy PS, the controller on Ebay is a Danfoss & they ship to Canada. At $110 it is pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.