Viessmann Pyromat Eco

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrod770

Oct 22, 2013
granville, ohio
One of my supply houses is a Viessmann dealer. I just saw the Pyromat Eco and it looked very interesting. Does anyone have any experience with this boiler?

Thanks, jerid

I have not seen one personally, but I just spent the last half hour reading the Veissmann website's brochure on the Pyromat ECO.....All I can say is WOW! I would be really interested in seeing one of those in operation. The top-load feature seems brilliant. It;s essentially a downdraft gasser on it's side, very curious now!

TS

Sure is interesting looking - lots of maintenance/cleaning items in the manual though. No mention in there about refractory life or how to replace it either - looks kind of hard to get to in the cutaways. Kind of has an overall look of complexity to it.

Wonder what the answer is to the number 1 question - what's the MSRP on that puppy?

Sure is interesting looking - lots of maintenance/cleaning items in the manual though. No mention in there about refractory life or how to replace it either - looks kind of hard to get to in the cutaways. Kind of has an overall look of complexity to it.

Wonder what the answer is to the number 1 question - what's the MSRP on that puppy?

That is the answer I am waiting to hear as well. No reports yet as to whether they are even importing them yet. I will report back when I hear more.

I don't think it's available in the US yet due to ASME ratings. They are mainly for larger loads as the smallest unit is 40KW output. Fairly substantial storage volume is mandatory.

There is a boiler however that will be available soon, made right here in the US. It's in testing and certification right now as I far as I know. The KOB/Viessmann is basically a copy of the original design of this boiler. It will not be cheap but it has all the design attributes and burn characteristics of the Viessmann. It will also be UL/CSA/ASME rated so construction quality and materials will be top drawer with no compromise and it will be legal to install anywhere.
So if you're thinking about something like this design, just hang on for a few months.....I'll get you one as soon as they are available. ;) To give you an idea of the construction used in these boilers, the 30-42KW unit weighs in at almost 2,100#.

Here's a brief spec list, and it is top loading also.

Fully assembled boiler constructed of 10mm (or optional 20mm) carbon steel with 18 gauge embossed aluminum jacket.
Lambda (fuel/air ratio) control platform with integrated O2, flue temp, and supply/return water temp sensors.
Ceramic, multi-stage, cyclonic secondary combustion chamber with motor-driven thermo-difference control.
Modulating induced-draft exhaust blower with speed control program for start-up and reload phases of operation.
Sloped loading door with handle and pressurized-gas strut for easy opening and support.
Left-side or Right-side full access cleaning door
Maintenance and cleaning tool set
10 Year Real Guarantee

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennman
Status
Not open for further replies.