View from today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jb6l6gc

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2015
Cayuga, Ontario, Canada
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Well another beautiful day today weather wise. Decided to da a clean down if the furnace chimney. Little worse than usual due to all the start and stops. Then went out to cut up deadfall and a large trunk of a tree that was hit by lightning.
Hope these temps keep coming!!! Cheers to hearth!

Reactions: claydogg84
I've always wanted to use pallets as my end stacks like that. How do they hold up in the long run?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Few more of racks for good
Measure!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always wanted to use pallets as my end stacks like that. How do they hold up in the long run?
Good but I always the really good
Reversible ones if I can. They're all hardwood some
Weigh like 100lbs. Seem to
Last pretty good but I have an endless supply

Good but I always the really good
Reversible ones if I can. They're all hardwood some
Weigh like 100lbs. Seem to
Last pretty good but I have an endless supply

I think I'll try it this spring, I'm tired of cribbing the ends. Those are some nice rounds - Ash?

Ya big ash that got hit
By lightning last yr snapped in
Half. figured one that wasn't dying from borer gets hit . I just never got to the bottom half till now, chainsaw just got serviced by me. New oil pump, bar and chain so catching up. Gotta do something now that I've quit smoking lol

Wow - your grass is GREEN!

I've also had good luck with the pallet bookends. I use a 1x4 or 2x4 brace on either side with lag screws to hold it together. Old lumber tarps stapled to the top row of splits keeps it nice and dry.

ein6SkJibrolvdNnZi6V0N4yep77AAbWorhejbuaHlDc-mp7oEMp__UDs4cJi9POSCgxfuUaxdQEsrCLFiF=w975-h679-no.jpg

Reactions: Quentin2
Status
Not open for further replies.