Vintage Blaze King

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingleMom

Mar 25, 2013
Montana
I have a Blaze King Prncess model PTJ-203. There is a part inside of the wood box that hangs from the top. It is shaped similar to a "u" and I believe I read at one time that it protects the flue from direct flame. Last year this part started falling down into the fire (or just after the fire burned out). I am thinking that it has warped over the years and doesn't fit like it should. I took it in and had a welder add an additional 1/2" of metal to the length of one edge to keep it from falling down. That worked. It has begun to fall again. I am wondering what the part is designed to do and what I am doing wrong that it is falling. Thank you for any assistance offered.

Have you called Blaze King tech support?

It's their busy time of year. Try again and see if you can get a person.

Reactions: bobdog2o02
They're customer support is legendary.... Call again.

Status
Not open for further replies.