Visible propane pipe to new stove. Ugh.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AtTheBeach

Aug 28, 2019
Vermont
I picked a modern gas stove to replace a clunkier one without realizing the propane pipe would be visible underneath. DUH! Any suggestions for camouflaging this? I'm not even sure if we could run the pipe up inside the wall since it has a shut-off valve. Here's a hazy photo.

AF35C049-A220-4335-B1D4-E7B800958EA0.jpeg

Thanks. How could we have avoided this in the first place? All of the brochure pics (Valor Madrona Modern) show an empty area underneath. Should we have moved pipe up into wall?

Brochure pictures only show ideal situations. They call that marketing. I think the metal sheet (26 gauge will do) is the most simple solution, I think.

Cool stove. Lets see it fired up! I could care less about the pipe underneath. Likely would have paid no attention to it had this thread not pointed it out. Just saying..

We're still mid-renovation. It's got the barrier screen on here. I really like how the stove looks.

Attachments

• 40B4AC0F-7BFE-4237-A0E9-43E2D9A1E53C.jpeg
    40B4AC0F-7BFE-4237-A0E9-43E2D9A1E53C.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 139
Honestly looks like a pretty neat installation

That’s normal. It has to have a drip leg for any debris to fall into. You can go directly through a wall with copper, but not run it inside the wall. That needs to be black iron.
I think any gas stove or freestanding fireplace looks stupid without a hearth pad and wall protector behind it. If it were a real stove it wouldn’t be sitting there like that and I add black pipe coming out of it going into the wall or to ceiling to make it look like a real wood burner.

Thanks for the pipe info - quite helpful. We're not too worried about it looking fake - it IS fake and there is no fooling anyone in Vermont. We'll have real wood crackling on the screened porch.