visitor to the wood lot...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAY_PA

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
May 13, 2008
Northeastern PA
Cutting wood Sunday. Took a Ranger load out, was gone about an hour. Came back and found this:.....

Attachments

• tracks.jpg
    tracks.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 795
I'm not an expert, but it looks like snow to me....

Walrus?

Attachments

• PA060036.jpg
    PA060036.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 670
Canadian Lynx.

It's the rabbit, run away !!!!

Watch out where the huskies go ....

Adios Pantalones said:
And don't you eat that yellow snow....

Frank Zappa 1979? (I have to ask older brother,he'd remember that more than me haha)

Adios Pantalones said:
It's a dog. You don't see nails on cat tracks. Lynx tracks are a-symmetrical. It's splayed out round, so it's not coyote. It's a dog.

Thanks. I was thinking Yote.

Coyote tracks are oblong-ovals with the front 2 nails usually prominent as a peak (some say "triangular" tracks, I think oval). If they're in deep mud, they may be splayed a bit more. dogs (especially big dogs) have these round tracks.

those are DEFINATELY alien
to be exact, Pluto
little orange men (possibly women)
although women are usually larger
with three toes

Also yotes leave tracks almost 1 directly ahead of the other and a yote track most usually has enough room between them to place a size 11 boot between them and about 4" left over. However they change with a different gate. Good post Adios.

Status
Not open for further replies.