Walbro Carb - Kolher Engine Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get a older Deutz Allis lawn tractor running for FIL (to put in upcoming auction sale. This 17 hp Kolher motor runs as long a I pour gas into the carb. Took the carb off to find the main needle valve is stuck (the one that should move up and down with the float). Any idea's on how to get it free?

I have already soaked it in WD-40 and tried to push it out using the air compressor. Can't really grab it with pliers as there is only a very small part sticking out that the float clip must attach to and I am concerned with wrecking it.

I have searched Kolher and Walbro's website, engine and carb are too old to be listed on either. Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance.

Don

Wrap a small diameter copper wire around it and pull it down. Should be just a little varnish holding it.

Good idea Dunebilly, tried it but it won't move. Used some 22ga wire and some high tensile wire that I had here. I think your idea would work in most cases. Thank you anyway. Any other idea's?

Carburetor cleaner should work since it dissolves the varnish. Pulling on it may screw it up because it might have a rubber tip. There are a lot of people selling Walbro carb repair kits and carbs. Check to see if any of the gaskets look right. Yours are probably dry rotted by now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.