Walking Trail Clearing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Worked part of the day clearing the walking trail we use, took two loads of dead pine to the wood dump. Attached are some pictures from start to finish.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4024.jpg
    100_4024.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 320
  • 100_4025.jpg
    100_4025.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 100_4026.jpg
    100_4026.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 305
  • 100_4027.jpg
    100_4027.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 100_4028.jpg
    100_4028.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 282
Not much clean up left.
::::News flash::: """Zap has no wood left to cut""" :lol:

Looks great!

bogydave said:
Not much clean up left.
::::News flash::: """Zap has no wood left to cut""" :lol:

Looks great!

Thanks bogydave. This is just north of the spot I worked today, behind the dead pine is 2-3 cord of cherry which will be the next trail clearing. It's never ending with the white pine but it'snice to see the results.

This is the north side of the house which has never been touched other then making a small walking trail.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4029-2.jpg
    100_4029-2.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 291
I should have kept working around the house in the woods the last couple of years at least one day on the weekends. It's never ending, then when it starts looking good winter rolls in and more white pine comes down.

It's getting bad, today on my second trip to the wood dump after unloading the trailer I noticed nine rounds of Cedar and one nice big round of Sugar Maple, so Ipicked up a round of Cedar an actually tried to smell it (not any cedar smell at all) looked at the Sugar Maple round then said what would my wife say if I brought home wood so I left it.

Does this mean I'm addicted or did I pass the test?

:red:

zap

zapny said:
what would my wife say if I brought home wood so I left it.

:red:

zap

Take out "or" & replace it with "and", then answer your own questions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.