Wall heat shield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Scoot262

Oct 22, 2018
Dillsburg pa
I am currently renovating the downstairs of my house. I have a new wood stove on the way but will not be able to get a stone wall up before the cold weather hits. Is cement board good enough as a temporary wall behind the wood stove? Directly behind the stove is a standard 2x4 stud wall with insulation. I was just thinking put the cement board over it until I get around to building the stone surround.

I am currently renovating the downstairs of my house. I have a new wood stove on the way but will not be able to get a stone wall up before the cold weather hits. Is cement board good enough as a temporary wall behind the wood stove? Directly behind the stove is a standard 2x4 stud wall with insulation. I was just thinking put the cement board over it until I get around to building the stone surround.
Just follow the required clearances and you dont have to have anything on the wall behind it