Wall Thimball

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rafter2S

Sep 22, 2016
oregon
I have searched the thread and believe I know the answer but just wanted confirmation on my install of my wall Thimball. I am installing it my pole barn shop. Wall consist of plywood fiberglass insulation then the exterior metal rib siding. I can cut a hole in all of it and the exterior (7” wall sleeve) can touch the plywood and the fiberglass insulation. This should still give me the 1 3/4” clearance from the double wall pipe and is within spec of manufacture. Does this sound correct or do I need to frame out a larger hole and block the insulation off the thimbal sleeve?

Cut your hole in wall for thimble, push away the insulation, install thimble , attach it to inner and outer wall,. Since inner wall is plywood and outer metal, dont think you need inner wall frame..When correctly installed you'll have enough clearance . Hope that helps..

Reactions: DAKSY
This helps alo
Cut your hole in wall for thimble, push away the insulation, install thimble , attach it to inner and outer wall,. Since inner wall is plywood and outer metal, dont think you need inner wall frame..When correctly installed you'll have enough clearance . Hope that helps.

The wall pass thru thimble is your clearance to combustible. You can have what ever outside of it